If you’re in the market for a fish finder, it’s important to make sure that you choose one compatible with your Minn Kota Terrova. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize that not all fish finders are compatible with this trolling motor, and they end up buying one that doesn’t work well with their setup.
This blog post will discuss what fish finders are compatible with Minn Kota Terrova and what to look for when purchasing one of these devices.
When choosing a fish finder, paying attention to the transducer is important. The Minn Kota Terrova uses a specific type of transducer, so you’ll need to ensure that your fish finder has this type of transducer to work properly.
In addition, you’ll want to make sure that the fish finder you choose has GPS capabilities. This feature will come in handy when trying to locate specific fishing spots.
What Fish Finders are Compatible with Minn Kota Terrova?
You’ve got your Minn Kota Terrova trolling motor set up and ready to go, but what about a fish finder? After all, you want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your fishing trips.
There are a few different options for finding the right fish finder for your Minn Kota Terrova. Let’s take a look at a few of the best.
- 7-Inch screen with 800H x 480V resolution color TFT display
- Includes Navionics+ (U.S. And Canada) SD card for out-of-the-box map coverage of over 21, 000 lakes and waterbodies
- Mega Side Imaging: see the world below like never before with crystal-clear viewing out to 125 feet on either side of your boat
- Mega Down Imaging: Get unprecedented underwater clarity with coverage down to 125 feet below your boat
- Includes transducer and mounting hardware, power cable and gimbal mounting bracket
The first option is the Humminbird Helix Fish Finder. This fish finder is designed specifically for trolling motors, so you know it will work well with your Minn Kota Terrova. It features a large color display and gives you a clear view of what’s going on beneath the surface.
- ACTIVE IMAGING 3-IN-1: See structure and cover with a new level of refined detail with the included Active Imaging 3-in-1 sonar, featuring CHIRP, SideScan and DownScan with FishReveal.
- ACTIVETARGET READY: See high-resolution images of fish swimming around structure and responding to your lure – as it happens – with support for ActiveTarget Live Sonar.
- FULL NETWORKING: Build the complete Elite Fishing System with integrated wireless, NMEA 2000 and Ethernet connectivity – add Halo Dome Radar, Outboard Pilot or share sonar, charting, waypoints, and other user data between displays.
- 7-INCH MULTI TOUCH: The 7-inch, high-resolution, multi-touch screen is easy to use and install.
- C-MAP CONTOUR: From finding key fishing areas, like ledges, drop-offs and ditches to navigating with precision to fish-holding areas, you will have more success on the water with high-resolution 1-foot contours on 8,900 U.S. lakes.
Another great option is the Lowrance Elite-Ti Fish Finder. This fish finder also has a large color display and comes with GPS built-in, so you can keep track of your location and what’s happening under the water.
- Easy-to-use 4-inch color fishfinder with new vivid scanning sonar color palettes to easily distinguish fish and structure; tilt/swivel bailmount bracket included
- Includes a GT20 transducer for built-in Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar
- High-sensitivity GPS to mark waypoints, create routes and view your boat’s speed
- Includes built-in Quickdraw Contours mapping
If you’re looking for a fish finder that’s a little more budget-friendly, the Garmin Striker Fish Finder is a great option.
It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some of the other options, but it will still give you a good idea of what’s beneath the surface.
Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin are all great options for finding a compatible fish finder for your Minn Kota Terrova. But, no matter which one you choose, you’re sure to have a successful fishing trip.
Are all Minn Kota Terrova Have Spot Locks??
No, not all Minn Kota Terrova have spot locks. In fact, some of the earlier models did not come with this feature.
However, most of the newer models do come with GPS virtual anchoring or what is commonly known as spot lock technology.
Spot lock technology is a great feature to have if you want to keep your boat in a specific spot, no matter how strong the current or wind may be.
This feature is especially beneficial for fishing, as it allows you to quickly and easily direct your boat to where the fish are biting.
Most Minn Kota Terrova motors come with a heading sensor that can be moved up to five feet. This allows you to easily activate your spot lock using your fishfinder or I-pilot remote.
If you are looking for a Minn Kota Terrova that comes with spot lock technology, check the product description before making your purchase.
Is There A Built-In Transducer On The Minn Kota Terrova?
Minn Kota Terrova comes with a built-in transducer that can be used for various purposes such as detecting the fish, depth, and temperature of the water.
The transducer is also known as Universal Sonar. It is compatible with most of the Minn Kota models.
The upcoming models of Minn Kota Terrova are equipped with Universal Sonar II. This transducer can detect the speed and temperature of the water. It is also compatible with various fish finders.
The current versions of Minn Kota Terrova cannot conduct Side Imaging. To get the advantages of side imaging, you’ll either need to add another transducer to the back of the motor or install a transom mount sensor.
Are The Terrova Have Down Imaging?
The Terrova comes with a built-in down imaging transducer that allows you to see what’s happening below your boat. This is a great feature for finding fish, as you can see what they’re doing and where they’re hiding.
Additionally, the down imaging transducer is also compatible with Minn Kota’s i-Pilot Link system. This system allows you to create waypoints and routes, so you can easily find your way back to your favorite fishing spots.
Overall, the down imaging transducer is a great addition to the Terrova and makes it even more versatile. If you’re looking for a trolling motor with this feature, then the Terrova should be at the top of your list.
How Does Minn Kota Terrova Work?
Minn Kota Terrova is a trolling motor that uses GPS and autopilot technology to keep your boat on course. The system consists of the motor itself and a hand-held remote.
The motor is mounted on the stern of your boat and has a built-in GPS receiver. It also has a compass and an accelerometer. The remote is used to set the destination and course.
Minn Kota Terrova uses GPS to track your position and keep you on course. If you should veer off course, the motor will automatically adjust itself to get you back on track.
The beauty of this system is that it takes all the guesswork out of trolling. No more worrying about staying on course or fighting the wind and waves. Minn Kota Terrova will do it all for you.
Suppose you’re looking for a trolling motor that will make your life easier, look no further than Minn Kota Terrova. Its built-in GPS and autopilot technology is the hands-free way to troll.
Is Minn Kota I-Pilot Compatible with Lowrance
Yes, the Minn Kota I-Pilot is compatible with Lowrance fish finders. You’ll need to purchase the proper adapter, which is available from Minn Kota. Once you have the adapter, simply follow the instructions in your I-Pilot manual to connect it to your Lowrance fish finder.
After some research, we found that the Lowrance HDS-12 Gen³, the Simrad GO12 XSE, and the Raymarine Axiom Pro 12 are all compatible with the Minn Kota Terrova.
Each fish finder has unique features and benefits that make it a great choice for fishermen. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start fishing.